FanCam the ultimate sporting highlight
If you are travelling or unable to make the match to watch your fave sports team play, do not worry – FanCam to the rescue! This is a very first for the Currie Cup, fans at the Xerox Golden Lions versus Vodacom Blue Bulls match at Emirates Airline Park will be captured on FanCam and be able to tag themselves in a high-resolution picture on social media.
It has been described as possibly the ‘ultimate crowd selfie’ or grelfie, the FanCam technology was developed in South Africa and over the past seven years has even featured at major events around the world such as Taylor Swift and U2 concerts to the Super Bowl, UEFA Champions League final and Daytona 500 – now, it is finally heading home!
As well as seeing themselves at Emirates Airline Park, fans who visit the website will also be able to look for the Currie Cup, which has been virtually hidden in the stadium. Anyone who finds it stands a chance to win a VIP trip to the Currie Cup final.
DirectAxis will take the FANCAM to two other DHL Western Province games, two Xerox Golden Lions games and the final.
This is the second innovation it has brought fans as part of its Currie Cup partnership. Earlier in the season it also released a series of Currie Cup video clips featuring interviews with some Western Province players and behind-the-scenes glimpses of some unusual and remarkable trick shots.
· In addition to this weekend’s Currie Cup match at Emirates Airline Park, the FANCAM will be at the following games:
– 23 September – DHL Western Province vs Tafel Lager Griquas
– 8 October – DHL Western Province vs Xerox Lions
– 28 October – Finals
Latest posts by Hello Joburg (see all)
- WIN a bottle of “Arrr”mazing Don Papa Rum worth R 450 - November 23, 2017
- 24 hours in Joburg – Zakes Bantwini - November 22, 2017
- WIN a two night stay at beautiful Kievitz Kroon worth R 5 880 - November 22, 2017
November 23, 2017
November 23, 2017
November 22, 2017