Classic Chocolate Cake Recipe for Women’s Month
We love this super easy to make, not to mention yummy cake recipe, perfect to spoil mom with – seeing as she spoils you year, round. Right, Hello Joburgers? Thanks to Royal Baking Powder for sharing this with us.
Classic Chocolate Cake Recipe – makes 1 two-layer cake
200 g butter or margarine, softened
250 ml (1 cup) caramel brown sugar
2 extra – large eggs
500 ml (2cups) cake flour
5 ml (1Tbsp) Royal Baking Powder
2 ml (1\4tsp) salt
100 ml cocoa powder
350 ml milk
80 g butter or margarine, softened
500 ml (2 cups) icing sugar, sifted
60 ml (1/4) cocoa powder
30 ml (2 Tbsps) warm water
15 ml milk
1. Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well each addition until light and creamy. Add essence
2. Sift flour, Royal Baking Powder, salt and cocoa powder together. Fold dry ingredients into egg mixture, alternately with milk, unit combined
3. Turn out into two greased 20cm round cake pans. Bake in a preheated oven at 180c for 30-40 minutes. Leave in pans for few minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Icing: Cream butter and icing sugar together. Blend cocoa powder and water to a smooth paste. Add to creamed mixture, with milk, and beat to a smooth consistency.
5. Use half of the icing to sandwich the two cake layers together. Ice the top of the cake with the remaining icing.
Latest posts by Hello Joburg (see all)
- Are you ready? Here comes the Emperors Palace Charity Mile… - October 17, 2017
- WIN with Churchills Whisky Thursday worth R 300 - October 17, 2017
- Brows from here to…there – meet SA’s browmaster - October 17, 2017
October 12, 2017
October 10, 2017
October 10, 2017